For Life: Go Vegan

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cheap Vegan Cookbooks

I read cookbooks like most people read novels. I'm not a great cook by any means but I keep hoping that somehow I'll absorb all this knowledge from the books I read and be a great chef. Our family use to have a monthly trip to Barnes & Noble and shop the store. The kids would head off to their sections, my husband and I would grab a coffee and head to our areas. By the end of the night we would have $50 or so in books. I realized how much we had spent and accumulated when we moved from California to Washington. Instead of those monthly trips I now take the kids and head to the library. Camas, Washington has a beautiful library with a fireplace to read by. They also have the inter-library exchange where I can request books from other libraries in the area. Occasionally when I find a great book I suggest it to them as one to purchase also.

My current read is Raw Family Signature Dishes by Victoria Boutenko. I will be planning some meals from her book in the next couple weeks depending on what I find on sale.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Even If You Like Meat...You Can Help End This Cruelty