For Life: Go Vegan

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Seitan O'Greatness

If you have ever made seitan and hated it, this is COMPLETELY different from the boiled stuff. My first time making seitan I couldn't eat it. I literally gagged. But every blog out there kept raving about Seitan O'Greatness so I thought I'd try it.

My opinion....wow! Even my meat-eater husband gave it a "not bad" which means a lot coming from him. My kids loved it (it was gone in a couple hours). The first time I made it I rolled it into two logs so they came out the diameter of pepperoni. It had a little kick to it like pepperoni also so it would be great on pizza.

If you have doubts as to whether or not you will like it just make the regular batch the first time. I plan to make it again soon but will be baking three batches at once. I figure since it takes 90 minutes to bake I might as well make enough to last a couple weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Even If You Like Meat...You Can Help End This Cruelty