For Life: Go Vegan

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekly Meal Planning

Do I really need to plan a freakin menu?

Yes. Planning what you will be eating for the week is one of the most important things you can do to save money, relieve stress and not eat crap. Each week I'll post a sample menu. You can follow it ingredient by ingredient or adapt it to what you like. If you're starting out with vegan living I encourage you to follow it exactly. I'll post links to coupons you can print online to get stuff either free or really cheap. I'll also share my total out of pocket (oop) cost for groceries for the week so you can see how easy this will be.


This weeks menu will be:


BREAKFAST: Oatmeal, Pumpkin Waffles, Banana Carrot Power Muffins, Cold Cereal

LUNCH: Leftovers

DINNER:
  • SUNDAY: Cashew Seitan with Whole Wheat Couscous
  • MONDAY: Sloppy V Joes with Green Salad
  • TUESDAY: Black Bean & Brown Rice Patties with Stir Fry Vegetables
  • WEDNESDAY: Grilled Polenta Torta with Spinach
  • THURSDAY: Tacos, Spanish Rice and Refried Beans
  • FRIDAY: Broccoli Twice Baked Potatoes
  • SATURDAY: Cold Veggie Pasta
Sunday is prep day. I will be making the Whole Wheat Buns for the Sloppy V Joes and soaking the black beans (you could used canned but dried is cheaper). I'll be making the seitan from scratch. I'm also making Banana Carrot Power Muffins and Pumpkin Waffles to have on hand for breakfast during the week. It sounds like a lot of work but it'll go buy fast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Even If You Like Meat...You Can Help End This Cruelty