For Life: Go Vegan

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Best Quick Morning Breakfast


Oatmeal. Not the crappy little sugar-filled packages that you by and tear open. I'm talking about the plain Jane ones. My personal favorite is Quick Cooking Rolled Oats. They hold their shape more than instant oats. Bob's Red Mill makes a great product but I've also been satisfied with grocery store generic brands also. Unless you find them on sale, I've actually found that Costco's box of Quaker Old Fashioned Oats is not a bad price. Their website lists them for $7.32 but I only pay $6.79 at the Costco in both Portland and Vancouver.

Some flavor combinations to try:

- Brown sugar and cinnamon
- dried cranberries and walnuts
- Banana and soy milk (or rice milk)
- Maple syrup (the real stuff) and pecans
- fresh strawberries

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Even If You Like Meat...You Can Help End This Cruelty